Zoom is a web-conferencing system that meets a variety of synchronous collaboration needs such as meetings, webinars and hybrid learning spaces. View Zoom's Getting Started page for more information about the capabilities of the system. If you would like some more information on good practices for web-conferencing, you may download the UMOnline Web-conferencing guidelines.
Zoom is now available through the NetID single sign-on process, so you will login with the same process as you use for Moodle and Cyberbear. Here are the key steps:
- Visit umontana.zoom.us
- Click the “Login” button in the upper right of the screen.
- At our SSO (NetID) login page, enter your NetID and password to log into Zoom.
- Next, you will route to your Zoom profile. If you already haven’t done it, now would be a good time to look at the Getting Started page above!
- From your profile page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Download client” button.
- And that’s it! You are now ready to host meetings with Zoom.
If you need additional Zoom support:
- Look through Zoom’s extensive support site at zoom.us/support.
- Visit the Solutions Center to view the latest information on Zoom.
- Call the IT Help Desk at (406) 243-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The recommended browsers for Zoom are Chrome or Firefox.
Zoom support and user guides:
Zoom has a host fo features:
HD Voice with dynamic voice detection
Full screen and gallery view
Dual stream for dual screen
Join as view-only attendee (Zoom Video Webinar)
Accessibility features enable users with disabilities to schedule, attend, and participate in Zoom meetings and webinars
Additional information can be found by reviewing the Features Documentation.