To contact the UMOnline Technical Support Team, please email email@example.com, call (406) 243-4999, or (866) 225-1641 (toll-free).
The University of Montana, Montana Tech, Helena College, the University of Montana Western and the Montana Digital Academy use a version of Moodle provided and hosted by Moodlerooms. UMOnline is committed to working with our partners and the extended educational community to provide an effective and robust online learning solution that meets the needs of students, faculty, staff and administration. Our version of Moodle is generally updated twice a year. We are currently running Moodle version 3.1.3. Please see the MoodleRooms Release Notes for more information.
You may contact Robert Squires to have additional functionality considered by the Enterprise Applications Committee and IT Senate.
UMOnline maintains a copy of all course content and student data for a period of 5 years after the semester offered. Requests for access to courses beyond this timeframe cannot be met. Moodle provides the option for all instructors to download a backup copy of a course so that personal copies may be kept as long as desired. We encourage this practice for all of your courses. You can learn how to make a backup of your course on the Moodle Resources page.
If you are enrolling in a fully-online course, at the minimum you will need to verify that you have:
- A word processing program that can open and edit Microsoft Word documents. The University of Montana is now providing Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for free to UM students.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and save PDF files.
Individual courses may require additional hardware or software, such as a webcam and speakers for web conferencing.
Your NetID and password are used to provide secure access to your online courses, CyberBear, UMConnect student email, and a number of other online services at the University of Montana. To access these services, please visit my.umt.edu.
If you have never logged in with your NetID before:
- Please visit cyberbear.umt.edu
- Click “Login to CyberBear”
- Enter your NetID: xx000000 (first initial + last initial + six numbers)
- Enter your password.
- Your initial password is the last six digits of your University ID (the 790# number on your Griz card).
- You will be prompted during your first logon to change your password and set a security question. Passwords can be changed/managed by using the links located on each login page. If you have a question about your password, call IT Central at (406) 243-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.